Sunday, May 8, 2011

Foix to Mirepoix

Foix is lovely alas it did not yield me my laptop’s mobile broadband needs for one reason or another so I decided to push on to Mirepoix.
It was nice cycling through familiar territory. A passing lycra clad man of the same difficult age as my own came up alongside me and chatted for a while.
As I came into Lavelenets his twin did the same and we stopped chatting at a point rond (roundabout) while he admired my iPhone  GPS and somehow consumed all the credit I’d just charged onto my new French SIM card. Unnotice, we’d started to hold up the roundabout traffic and young girl drove past and made a rude sign at us. My cycling companion told me to ignore her because it was only his daughter.
Mirepoix was s nice as ever but with the usual forlorn campsite where I was once again the only person under canvass. Still the showers were hot and clean and there seemed to be nobody taking payment or any way of making it it so I couldn’t complain.