Thursday, April 21, 2011

IT Problems problems problems

It’s been a steep learning curve. I’ll probably laugh about it later. Navigating the Spanish SIM card options in Spanish for my iPhone was certainly an experience. Next problem was the ‘Col Vert’ campsite in Valencia which charges by the hour for web access. Annoying. The Campsite in Madrid didn’t but it had other drawbacks. And of course tent sites don’t come with power. And campsites don’t have community rooms as I expected. So far I’ve had few opportunities to connect to power and the web at the same time. Leaving my lap top on and running it flat twice has not helped. Nor did Haydon in pinching my mouse. The first opportunities I had to connect to the web in the campsite bar coincided with the Spanish Cup Final playing to a full bar audience on TV above me.
So today I spent another day in Valencia shopping for a mini mouse and a Vodafone mobile phone type modem so I can use my laptop anywhere, electricity willing (and navigation the installation instructions in Spanish).
The sad thing is of course is that now I’ve forked out all this money for travelling IT, none of it is any good once I get over the border into France, so I have to start all over again!
But that doesn't really matter 'cos I can't get the damn modem to work anyway and have had to resort to the campsite's wifii at the 11th hour to post this.